Sunday, July 13, 2008

Guess what I ate?

So I saw my daughter and her husband last night. They are spending the night at our house but I work so I won't see them today. (they live and go to college in a small town 2 hours north of us).

We wanted a treat so my lovely dark eyed daughter and I went to Albertsons picked up ice cream, whip cream, hot fudge, and brownies. Then we made huge BROWNIE SUNDAE'S!
(love it- love it - love it).

Now I am at work misssing my lovely dark eyed daughter and my sweet baby boy (okay he's really a teenager and he hates it when I call him that), and my husband.

I am in one of the units I really enjoy working in but yesterday and today I have been getting creamed. My illustrious supervisor (yeah - that's facetious - he's a jerkwad) gave me twice the list yesterday that anyone else had AND a first year student. I felt so bad for her. I couldn't teach her a damn thing I was trying so hard to keep my head above water. by afternoon I pretty much turned over care of one of my vent patients to her as this pt was already brain dead so I figured she couldn't kill her anyway. (this was after I was comfortable she could do a vent check, a treatment in line, and suction). I KNOW it's against policy but what was I supposed to do? It's not like my jerkwad supervisor would get off his illustrious ass and get up here and help.

I am so beat today. I am struggling to get through the shift. Good thing the floor stock kitchen has unlimited supply of Coke. If I can just get through today though - I am going on vacation!!!! Yippee skippee!

No comments: