Monday, July 28, 2008

Dumb doctor.

So I am in the ER. Doc wants a blood gas but SHE wants to draw it. Okay dokay. I give her a syringe. I stand by and watch while she farts around forever digging in this nice gentleman's arm. Finally she gets blood - DARK blood that doesn't pump up well. "Hmm," I say, " I think you may have gotten venous". "No I don't" she almost screams at me. I'm thinking Yeah right, okay, I will run it and we'll see. Yep sure enough. Venous results. Textbook venous results. I show them to her and before I can speak she says "OMG this man has a PE. We need to intubate and......" I am standing in a time warp thinking "What? Are you a freaking idiot? How am I going to tell idiot here, these are venous?"

Luckily doc number 2 walks up, looks at the results, says "Those are venous". Idiot Doc looks at me and says. "Yeah - these are venous you'll have to draw them again." Imiiplicating I screwed up.

Right- I'll draw them. And I'll get arterial you jackass.

No comments: