Monday, November 24, 2008

I hate my job.

Okay not really the job. I hate this hospital and all the f%$#$% PA's who think they are God and don't want to listen to a damn thing any of us have to say.

So here's the scenario. Big freaking fat guy. 400 pounds. (Okay I exaggerate he's only 395). We have to do a lumbar puncture and the PA wants him prone. I strongly suggest that's a bad idea. PA argues with me. I say, "What I'm telling you is he is a big guy and he can't breath proned". I am totally ignored. So we prone the guy. Yeah I know damn stupid of us. I know better. Within seconds dudes blood pressure is 200 over something - he's tachying along at 160, spo2 67 and cyanotic as hell. PA wants to "give him a minute". RN says we have to flip him now! We overrule the PA because how you going to run a code on a prone guy????????

He did recover. But man it pissed me off so bad. I knew it was a bad idea. I told him it was a bad idea. Rn agreed it was a bad idea but no- stupid ass PA has to play big shot and damn near coded this guy.

I hate this job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you have to let stupid people learn from their mistakes. I usually just shrug, let them do the stupid thing, and then give them huge ration of s**t for it afterwards.

"I hate to say I told you so, but...in your face, suckah!"

TOTWTYTR said...

As a friend of mine said, "The problem with PAs, is that they are essentially first year residents... for ever." With all that means.