Tuesday, November 11, 2008

still not in Kansas

Weird. Still out of my comfort zone. Getting more comfortable though. Still in the Trauma unit. Weird. so many people WANT to work in this unit. They see it as th pinnacle of their career. Okay maybe flying on the chopper is a smidge higher - and they get cool uniforms. But for most folks working the Trauma unit means you have arrived.
Me. I just don't care. You can have the trauma unit. WAAAAYYY to many egos for my taste. And Heaven forbid a doc actually writes an order in the chart. They discuss things amongst themselves, sometimes letting the nursing staff in on whats going on.... sometimes not. And if I'm lucky - I catch wind of it. I asked someone about this odd thing about not writing orders. I was told trauma surgeons are "too busy to write orders".

Reminds me of a joke. What's the difference between a doctor and god? God doesn't think he's a doctor.

No comments: