Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Not much changes

I had six days off. Lovely! As I was getting ready to come to work this morning it occured to me that I haven't missed this place one damn bit. Haven't missed coworkers, or patients, or the bureaucracy or anything!

So my morning started with a bang. My first pt. is totally crazy. He murmured some incredibly long story through his alcoholic encephalapathic stupor about "dinner....sissssteeer....i feel fine...mumble mumble....driving.... murmur mumble....what the hell is wrong with you people?" I actually don't mind the crazies too much. They amuse me.

I had an 80 year old I gave a nebulizer to. We chatted about the weather, the summer, etc. I asked if there was anything she needed before I left. she said "Yes, will you ask the nurse to bring in my baby?" I did a double take my brain saying what? WHAT? she said "Yes I gave birth to the sweetest baby girl yesterday. I think I will name her Susan".

Freaks me out when I didn't know they were crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, that's always how it goes. First day back after vacation and you'll either get the crazy mofos or the patient who keeps trying to die.

It is worse when you don't know they're crazy though.