Monday, August 11, 2008

IPPB Makes me laugh

I got an order to do IPPB yesterday. Haven't seen that in a while. So I dug the relic machine out and headed to the woman's room. Very nice very proper elderly woman. Surrounded by family. A family with money evidently. She is propped up in bed wearing a bed jacket. (Just like in movies from the 50's). Daughter is carefully doing the her hair just so. Patient has makeup on - the works. This extraordinarily proper family is having quiet conversations about golf, the market, and some social event.

So I get the machine rigged up, explain how to use it and we go to work. About a third of the way through the treatment - the lady rips off with the biggest fart I have ever heard. The family stops - there is no movement - nothing - as they try to decide how to handle this incredible embarrassment. The woman handles it quite well. She looks at me and days, "My goodness, that oxygen just goes right through you!"

The family busts out in one huge guffaw. I laughed the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's excellent!

cwjsmama said...

So funny! I have a frequent flier that constantly farts during cpt. She says we beat it out of her.